WHS MUSIC BOOSTERS
BAND, CHORUS, ORCHESTRA
MUSIC ADJUDICATION TRIP 2017
E-FORMS, HEALTH OFFICE PERMISSION FORM AND INITIAL DEPOSIT
DUE OCTOBER 14th
Our first payment to the travel agent is also due October 14th (we would appreciate the deposit asap).
Please note WHS Health Office requires the permission form which will be submitted directly to our finance person who will keep strict confidentiality of information.
**Please print form and submit with initial deposit payment. The sign up for the trip is online and the link is at the end of this letter.
We are excited to share the tentative details of this year’s trip.
BOSTON & SIX FLAGS NEW ENGLAND with a
Friday Night Dinner Cruise along the Boston Harbor, with DJ and
dancing aboard SPIRIT CRUISES
APRIL 21-22, 2017.
Our goal is to ensure the most educational, fun and safe
experience for all our musicians while being mindful of increasing costs.
TRIP COSTS AND ITINERARY:
The cost of this year’s trip is $485 and covers the following two days of transportation, lodging, performances, meals and entertainment:
- Adjudication fees
- Festival Performance Competition @ Duxbury Performing Arts Center, Duxbury, MA and Silver Lake Regional Middle School, Kingston, MA: full day Friday with nationally recognized judges, clinical commentary, rehearsal space and performance halls.
- Room/Board & Entertainment (includes cost of chaperones 1 to 12 student ratio mandated for supervision)
- One night in a safe moderate hotel. Includes taxes. Four students/room.
- Two Security Guards to monitor hallways overnight.
- Friday box lunch at adjudication venue, and a late afternoon snack
- Friday night Dinner Cruise, with DJ and dancing aboard SPIRIT CRUISES
- Sat Breakfast and Awards Ceremony @ Hotel
- Sat afternoon Six Flags New England admission and 1 meal voucher
- Guaranteed quality bus company and drivers
- 5-6 buses; updated equipment & premium drivers to assure safety. Includes gratuities
- Sell Grandma Miller Pies. Order Deadline: October 24, 2016. Delivery is November 19. You keep 20-50% of sales, depending on the item.
- Sell Magazines, Gift Wrap & more. Send link to potential customers – gaschoolstore.com, click on “Shop Now”, Wilton Music Account #2709111. You keep 40% of sales. Ordering deadline is 12/31/2016.
Last year our students sold more than $30,000 worth of items and raised more than $13,000 toward their own personal trip accounts. Your student can too! Please consider other ways of earning money: babysitting, birthday money, odd jobs, etc…
Limited scholarships available. Please apply by email to your respective Director NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 1st. We CANNOT take scholarship requests after November 1st.
- $250 DEPOSIT DUE OCTOBER 24th. Final payment DUE JANUARY 13th: $235 (minus whatever you earn from fundraising. We will send you that info before the due date.)
- PRINT OUT HEALTH FORM, COMPLETE AND RETURN TO MUSIC DIRECTOR
- CHECKS PAYABLE TO: WHS ACTIVITY FUND
- MAIL TO: Patti Sylvia, 27 Woodland Place, Wilton, CT 06897
- DO NOT SEND CHECKS TO SCHOOL WITH YOUR STUDENT
- DO NOT HAND CHECKS TO A DIRECTOR
- Please note, no refunds are possible after January 13, 2017
Please: If you already know that your student cannot go, let us know by email at email@example.com. This will help us with a headcount and assure balance in our performing groups.
If you are interested in chaperoning or have time to help with the planning and preparations you will be able to designate this on the trip e-form
We hope you agree this annual event for our musical students is well worth the expense. We also appreciate the many parents who volunteer their time to chaperone, as well as our dedicated musical directors and staff who are “on” and accountable 24/7 over the course of the trip.
Thank you in advance for your response to this mailing. We should have nearly 300 attendees, so your prompt attention to detail is appreciated. Please contact Jennifer Gardner, Parent Liaison, with any questions or concerns at the email or phone number below.
Adjudication Trip Committee:
Lynn Driver, President Music Boosters
Patti Sylvia, Finance
Sam Gumins, Trip Coordinator /Head Chaperone
Jennifer Gardner, Asst Trip Coor/Parent Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org mobile: (203) 858-8538